Bachelor program soziology (PO 2020)
The subject Social Psychology is to be studied as an elective module (BA Soz SP, 9 LP) in the examination regulations 2020 (dated 31.07.2020).
The following achievements have to be made (according to the module handbook 2020):
- Attendance of the lecture Social Cognition (in the summer semester)
- Attendance of the lecture Social Interaction (each winter semester)
- Participation in empirical-psychological studies amounting to 30 hours (VP hours)
Change from April 2022: From now on, you do not have to submit the VP hours before registering for the final module exam. However, please note:
- You cannot automatically register for the module final exam via StudiLöwe as usual. A registration must be done manually (via form) via the ZPA (Mrs. Lückel).
- You must complete the required 30 VP hours by the end of your studies. As soon as you have completed the required 30 hours, please contact the secretary's office of the Department of Social Psychology and Personality Psychology (Mrs. Weyh). There you will receive an ungraded transcript of records, which you should submit to the ZPA in order to complete the module.
The final module exam includes a written exam (90 minutes) on the contents of the two lectures.
Frequently asked questions and answers (FAQ) about VP hours:
FAQ 1. How is the number of VP hours determined?
- The number of certified hours must correspond to the actual hours worked in the capacity of participant in an examination. Exception: examinations under 30 minutes are certified as 30 minutes.
- Hours actually worked do not include travel to and from the examination, nor are they "currency" that can be used to compensate for inconveniences related to the examination or the like.
- Certified hours are awarded in half-hour increments. Real examination times are rounded to the nearest half hour. Thus, 40 minutes of testing time is certified as 30 minutes, 50 minutes of testing time is certified as 1 hour, etc.
FAQ 2. Who assigns VP hours?
- The hours can only be awarded by teachers who are currently teaching courses in the Department of Psychology (not only in the Department of Social Psychology and Personality Psychology!) at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal and/or are involved in ongoing research projects of the working units.
- The certificates cannot be issued by students and/or people working at external research institutions.
FAQ 3. How can I find out about investigations for which VP hours are awarded?
The examinations are announced:
- Via the study portal | Sona Systems@BUW. This should be your primary point of contact for studies.
- via notice board
- via the study portal (www.studienportal.uni-wuppertal.de)
- relevant websites maintained by the student council (e.g. Facebook page VP-Basar Uni Wuppertal, https://www.facebook.com/groups/670712193079288/)
FAQ 4: Who certifies VP hours? (Change as of April 2022)
- Please log in to the study portal | Sona Systems@BUW and create a free account. You can participate in studies via the study portal | Sona Systems@BUW.
- As soon as the 30 hours are full, please contact the secretary's office Social Psychology and Personality Psychology (Ms. Carla Weyh) so that you can obtain the required (ungraded) certificate of achievement there, which you please submit to the ZPA.
Change as of April 2022: Please submit your routing slip, on which you have already collected hours, to the secretary's office Social Psychology and Personality Psychology (Ms. Carla Weyh) so that your previously completed hours can be transferred to the study portal | Sona Systems@BUW.
zuletzt bearbeitet am: 24.10.2022